Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Bunny Cupcakes

I'm getting ready to make my niece's 5th birthday cake.  It's going to be Chocolate Cake with Marshmallow filling and also a layer of a fresh strawberry filling.  But since the cake recipe I use for Chocolate cake makes so much and I don't need a large cake I decided to use the rest of the batter to make cupcakes for work.  Which also allowed me to test out the marshmallow filling.
 Here is how they turned out.
 This is what the inside looks like when you cut into the cupcake.
I rolled the cupcake into green coconut (just flaked coconut with some green food coloring).  I used a ziploc bag to shake the coconut around to get it covered in green.  Then I added my Yellow Peeps Easter bunny and a few Starburst Jelly Beans.  I thought Jelly Belly Jelly Beans were the best but these Starburst Jelly Beans are by far the best I have ever had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment