Thursday, May 24, 2012

My Little Pony Cake

Well I was just getting ready to post about the Thomas the Train cake I made tonight when I just saw I never posted the My Little Pony cake.  So here are detailed pics of the cake.  It's made out of fondant.  I must say I am really proud of myself with how it turned out since I've never used Fondant to this extent before.

 For the bow I cut the strips of fondant and then used my fondant roller to make the loops to hold the bow in place until it dried.  Then I attached it.
 I rolled fondant between my fingers to make the hair, letters, number 5 and balloon strings.  The balloons I just used a round cookie cutter.
 The head, ears and legs are all made with tightly packed Rice Krispie Treats.  I used a wood dowel to put the head in its place and to keep it from falling.
The body is all cake.  It was a chocolate cake with marshmallow filling, another freshly made strawberry filling and a layer of vanilla buttercream.  I covered the whole cake in buttercream before putting the fondant on.

No comments:

Post a Comment