Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Bridal Shower Cake

Gosh it's been a long time since I posted.  I've been busy and I have more to post.  I'm surprised I remembered my blog password!  :-)  But this is a cake for tomorrow at work for one of my good friends who is getting married in October.  I had free reign on what to do for her cake and I have been dying to test out my luck at trying to make something uber fancy with layers, fondant and the criss cross pattern.

 The colors for the wedding are Purple.  The 2nd layer looks a little blue in the photos but it's purple with some shimmer powder on it.  Around it I wrote Kristin We wish you many years of love and happiness together.


 The bridal gown I made with 2 6" layers of cake and just carved it into a rounded shape.  Who needs another pan?!?!  I sure don't.  I know there are a couple of specialty pans but I can do the same with a knife!



 Here is the detail of the 1st layered cake of the criss cross pattern with the little pearls.  SO CUTE!  I love how it turned out.
 Here is a close up of the detail on the gown.  I used fondant for the bodice and draping of the gown.  I added details near the bottom with royal icing.
I added ribbon between the purple and white layers to cover the gap from the posts holding the cake together.

The base cake is chocolate with Oreo Cream Cheese filling and a chocolate filling.  The 2nd layer in purple is carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.  And the bridal gown is white cake with buttercream frosting.  My friend loves carrot cake and I know many people at my work are chocoholics.  I hope to get photos of the cake cut into so you can see the layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment