Thursday, October 25, 2012

Angry Birds Cake

Angry Birds hit my house full on a couple weeks ago when my sister asked me to make an Angry Birds themed cake.  She never gives me any kind of direction on whether she wants a 3D cake or a flat image cake and my hubby being an avid AB player said it had to be 3D.  So my mind went full force on trying to come up with something.
 I used those Chocolate wafer cookies for the beams that the pigs sometimes are on and under.  I also used a few of those with some melted chocolate to make the slingshot.
 All the characters were made with cake balls.  I'm not a fan of Fondant characters because you can't eat them.
 Here's a close up of the pigs.  I used M&M's for the noses and just added more detail with melted chocolate thorough a piping bag.
And I added the Birthday greeting on the side of the cake.  I hear RJ just loved it!  The cake was a vanilla cake with strawberry filling.  The cake balls were apple cake and an apple cinnamon frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment