Saturday, October 27, 2012

3D Camera Cake

This cake is by FAR my most intense most detailed 3D cake I have ever made.  And the biggest blow - I thought it didn't taste that good.  This was the 2nd Martha Stewart cake I have made and both cakes have been on the dry side.  Thank goodness for ice cream because that helped but ice cream should NOT be a must when serving cake.  But anyway, here is my handy work.

 The whole cake is covered in Fondant (Satin Ice).  I find that SI tastes so much better.
 I wrote Happy 60th Birthday Tom on the camera strap.


 Look at all those buttons!!!!  Yup!  I added every single one to make it as real as possible.  The cake lays on top of another cake meant to look like a photo album.  I painted on 1952-2012 on the side of the photo album.
I made this for my father-in-law.  Not only was the cake a surprise but the party was too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment