Monday, November 28, 2011

Short Hiatus

I hate to keep you all in suspense or in the dark!  But I've been on a bit of a hiatus from baking for a few weeks because I spent a good portion of the first 2+ weeks of November studying for the Food Safety and Sanitation Certification exam.  I took the exam and unfortunately won't find out for another 2 or more weeks if I passed.  I am feeling pretty confident that I passed.  But I'm very glad and fortunate to have that done and under my belt! 

Last week of course was Thanksgiving!  I do have a couple of baking related items to share - Pecan Pie and Turkey cake pops!  The Turkey Cake Pops were a huge success!  I have to take a couple of better photos than what I have so I can give them a little more credit before I post about them.  The Pecan Pie was a success and a failure.  Success in that it tasted and looked amazing!  Failure in that when you took a piece out of the pie the insides all went mushy.  There was a major lack of firmness.  I'm not sure where I went wrong because I tested the internal temperature and it was at 200 degrees like the recipe said it should be at.  Oh well.  It was still rather good - even though I was the only one that ate any of that pie.  We had way too much pie on hand plus I don't think many of my family members are Pecan pie lovers.  Oh well. 

This week I'm working on Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Frosting Cake pops!  mmmmm Yummy!  Plus some white and chocolate cake ones too!  Those are for a baby shower along with dipped pretzel rods with moon and stars sprinkles.  I'll be sure to post about those!

Until my next post!  Happy Baking!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment