Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall Cake - Cake Decorating Class 2 Final Cake

So I just finished my 2nd cake decorating class this past week - Gum Paste & Flowers.  It was really a very introductory class to gum paste and we didn't do very much with it.  But we did learn about a ton of flowers.  I had a vision of my cake from the 2nd class.  I knew since I would be ending the class right around Halloween I wanted to incorporate pumpkins into my cake.  So when I made my cake I made 3 mini bundt size cakes to act as my pumpkins.  The cake that the 2 pumpkin are sitting on are 2 8" round layers with chocolate buttercream frosting.  YUM!
All of the flowers are made with Royal Icing.  It dries really hard so it's really easy to put the flowers wherever you want.
We learned how to do the basket weaving at the last class and I'm so happy with how it turned out.
Here's just another view of the cake with the flowers cascading around and between the pumpkins.
And a top view of the cake.  I am so thrilled with how this turned out.  We cut into this puppy with my parents and two of my aunts this past weekend.  Of course I sent them home with the rest of it so my waistline can continue to shrink!  Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment