Thursday, January 26, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes

I made 4 dozen cupcakes to go along with the main cake for my son's birthday party.  I made Oreo cupcakes and Vanilla with vanilla pudding filled cupcakes.


These Oreo cupcakes are slightly different from the ones I previously posted.  I kept them in their original wrapper and I cored out the center to add the cream cheese whipped Oreo filling.  Then I put a swirl of Espresso Chocolate frosting around and topped it with a mini Oreo cookie.

The Vanilla cupcakes here were a 1-2-3-4 Cake recipe off of the Swan's Down Cake Flour box.  I took some dream whip and vanilla pudding and followed the directions on the Dream Whip box to make a Mousse like consistency for my vanilla filling.  I piped it into the center of all the cupcakes.  Then I made a Vanilla Buttercream frosting to top them all off.  I added a few stars for color.

No comments:

Post a Comment