Friday, May 25, 2012

Thomas the Train Cake

This is my first Frozen Buttercream Transfer technique cake.  And I have to admit I am so proud of how it turned out.

 Here is my reverse image with parchment paper over it.  I taped it to a cutting board and then I have my color image next to it so I know what it looks like.  You can see I started to do my outlining in black.
 Here is the image completely colored in.  I did this Wednesday night.  Thursday night I made my chocolate buttercream frosting and then applied that to the back of my image and put it back in the freezer while I finished putting the cake together.
 Here is a close up of the detail on the cake.
 More close up.
 Side view.  I considered adding balloons to the sides of the cake but it looked so much nicer without.
The final product.  It's a Chocolate cake with 2 layers of Oreo Cream Cheese Whipped Filling.  This is for my girlfriend's 1 year old son's birthday.  I hope they have a fabulous time and I hope they enjoy the cake!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment