Friday, September 16, 2011

Bakugan Cake & Cookies

It's been a busy week!! I had a cake, 26 decorated cookies, 2 dozen chocolate chip cookes and 18 decorated cupcakes due on the same day!!! But I survived! Am exhausted but made it. I'm so happy with how everything turned out.

So here are the cookies I made with the Bakugan characters. My friend from when we were wee little people asked if I could make these and a cake for her son's birthday party. Of course I totally had to say yes. It was a challenge and fun too! I had never heard of this cartoon/toy and was a bit nervous when I saw some of the designs. But my art background pushed me forward. Thanks to numerous photos on the internet of cookies and cakes for Bakugan I found my inspiration. Here is a link to the person I can thank for the ideas on the cookies: http://cookiegeek.deviantart.com/art/Bakugan-Cookies-153323555?q=gallery%3Acookiegeek%2F16349956&qo=11

I made 26 in all. They were going to be used as party favors for all the little rascals at the birthday party.

Then the cake!!! I had found so much inspiration for the cake. The background of the cake was made using Wilton's Color Mist sprays in Red, Yellow & Black. I took a piece of parchment paper and cut out my design and laid it on the cake after I frosted it in buttercream frosting. Then I applied the color mist.

Then I piped on the greeting in black and also the shell border. Then I worked on the images of the two characters and then the Bakugan logo.
Just another view.
Here is a view of the side of the cake. I wish the color mist of the black would have come out darker but it still looks neat.
And here is the whole view! I hear the guest of honor was very excited about his goodies! I hope the party goes off without hitch tonight! Happy Birthday Jack!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment