Friday, September 30, 2011

Benjamin's Baptism Cake

My girlfriend's son was being baptized and she asked me to make a baptism cake.  Thanks to the wonderful Internet I found loads of ideas and for the first time saw a cross shaped cake.  She liked the idea as well and I went with it.  The cake is made up of a layer of yellow and chocolate cakes.  Both baked in 9 x 13 pans.  I cut each in half so they were roughly 4.5 x 13.  I took one of each of the 4.5 x 13 sections and divided it equally into 3 parts.  So the cake became as long as ~17.5 inches by ~13.5 inches wide.  I put the chocolate layer down first and put a layer of raspberry filling in the chocolate layers.  Then I put a layer of vanilla buttercream on top and added the yellow cake.  The yellow cake was also cut in half and vanilla pudding was added.  The whole cake was then covered in buttercream icing.




I made my roses and all the detailing decorating with buttercream icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment