Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Sour Cream Coffee Cake

I made this last week for work.  I had to do some training as I've been looking for an excuse to make this coffee cake again.  The recipe was given to me almost 8 years ago at my wedding shower.

 This is a view straight from the oven.
 A close up of the top!  Yum!  That wonderful cinnamon sugary goodness.
 Here is the final look.  The recipe doesn't call for any kind of frosting or drizzle but I added a simple powdered sugar, vanilla and milk glaze.
This is what the cake looks like when you cut in to it.  I think next time I'll put one layer of batter, then the cinnamon sugar another layer of batter, more cinnamon sugar then more batter and finally more cinnamon sugar.  I think that would look prettier and taste even more cinnamony!

No comments:

Post a Comment