Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fire Truck Birthday Cake

Here is the final goodie for the Fire Truck Birthday Party - the main attraction - the birthday cake!!





The red is Homemade Marshmallow Fondant.  All the details were added using Royal Icing.  The Wheels are Oreo cookies - yum!

A tip I learned while taking the 2nd Wilton Cake Decorating course is to lather up your hands with Crisco (vegetable shortening) so that it will not stick to you or your surface when you go to roll it out.  It worked out so well.  Not too shabby for being my second cake that I used fondant on.

Oh and another tip, when I made the fondant I replaced the liquid I was to use to create the fondant with red food coloring.  It made the fondant come out so bright red.  Way better than "painting" it red with Wilton's color.

No comments:

Post a Comment