Thursday, October 20, 2011

Oreo Mini Cakes/Cupcakes

This past weekend we celebrated my husband's birthday.  I told him I would make him some goodies to take to work.  This was one of the goodies.  I also plan to make him Tiramisu cupcakes to take as well but this is the first round.
 It's a simple moist chocolate cake cupcake cut in half for the Oreo Cream Cheese filling.
 Then I added a small amount of chocolate buttercream frosting with a dollop of the Cream Cheese filling without Oreos and then added a 1/2 Oreo on the top for decoration.
Just look at that wonderful goodness!  I placed the cupcakes back into liners so it would be easier for my husband's co-workers to grab one for themselves. 

This idea I came up with after seeing a cake by Brown Eyed Baker: http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2009/06/25/cookies-cream-oreo-look-alike-cake/

I did not use the chocolate cake recipe in the link above but I'm sure it's just as good.

No comments:

Post a Comment