Monday, August 22, 2011

Army Tank Cake

I made this cake 2 years ago for my nephew's 8th birthday.  It was an army - G.I. Joe themed birthday party.


Everything besides the flag and the sign which you can't see, saying Happy Birthday is all edible.  I used Hershey's Chocolate bars and Oreo Cookies to make the tracks.  The cannon is a dipped chocolate pretzel.


This is just the other view of it.  Making black frosting is very challenging but it sure made the camouflage look correct.  Again - I stick with my typical buttercream frosting for decorating.  I think I thinned it out a bit to make it easier to spread across the cake.  If I remember correctly, I think I made a 9 x 13 cake and used a bread pan to make more cake.  Then I cut the cake to the right shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment