Saturday, August 27, 2011

Duck Cake Pop - 1st attempt

So I had a friend ask me if I could make a duck cake pop.  So I figured I'd give it a whirl.  I must say, it's not the greatest.  It was getting late if I could use that as part of my excuse!  ha ha!  Late in my book is 10:15 at night knowing I have to get up in just 6 short hours to get ready for my real job! 


But here are the results.  The first side view.


Then a head on look.  I realized it just didn't look right.  I wasn't pleased.  The beak was definitely off.  So I decided to add a black line with edible marker.


Here is a look of that small addition.


It helps - but not enough help.  The shape is all wrong.  But it was an attempt.  I'm not about to give up.  So I pondered it for a day and then decided - DUH!  Why not google "duck cake pop".  Low and behold - I wasn't the first one to make this.  I should have figured I wasn't the first.  I saw the most perfect duck cake pops.  Then it dawned on me - I bet there's a mold.  Sure enough - a 3D duck mold exists - for less than 2 bucks.  So I've got that on order and am eagerly awaiting to do my 2nd attempt at a duck cake pop.  Until then, I have plenty to keep me busy.  I need to decorate my not so great cupcakes for cake decorating class with flowers, make Super Soft Ginger Cookies for my Dad for his birthday, start prepping for cookies and 2 birthday cakes for 2 upcoming parties: an airplane cake and a Bakugan cake & cookies.  Plenty to do so I must begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment