Friday, August 26, 2011

Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops

My sister needed a fun dessert for a Sweet 16 birthday party this past weekend.  So I made some very fun cake pops using an ice cream cone and cake balls.

She requested red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting.


 Here is a picture of the cake balls before being all dolled up!


And here are the results.  I made my own temporary stand to hold all the "ice cream cones".  I used a shirt box, took a pair of scissors and stabbed holes through to create my "stand".  It worked like a charm!


Here is an up close shot of the yummy wonderful goodness!


The "cherry" on top is a peanut M&M.  The ice cream cone was cut down by about an inch to fit the cake ball.  Then some sprinkles were added to the pink candy melts, followed by some "hot fudge" some chocolate candy melts and then topped with the "cherry".  They went over very well at the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment